Friday, August 3, 2012

Not what I expected...

So I have now been in Copenhagen for 28 hours.  But lets back up to yesterday to begin my tale.   So I left O'hare at 8:50 PM.  Thankfully I sat next to not only one of the most attractive men I have ever seen but also one of the nicest.  His name was Erik and he was actually from Copenhagen so I spent about two hours of the flight asking him every question that I could possibly think of.  After a quick layover in Munich, I arrived in Copenhagen around 4:30PM.  The best decision I have ever made was asking my mentor to meet me at the airport! Without her I would still probably be sitting in the airport crying.  Not only was she able to figure out which train we were supposed to take she was also able to help with the luggage which was a godsend. Then we arrived at my apartment:
I really like my room.  The previous girl who lived here had left me a letter giving me all kinds of advice so that was really really nice.  One thing about the bathroom is that the shower is not separated from the rest of the bathroom at all.  I took a shower this morning and have no idea how to take one without getting water all over the entire floor.  But other than that I think this will be a good place to live for the next year.  For my first night here Kate, another girl from my university, spent the night because she could not get her keys until the next morning.  So we headed to Bilka, the nearest grocery store, and bought ourselves bread, potatoes, butter, milk, potato cake, cheerios, and Carlsberg beer.  So our first dinner included bread, mashed potatoes, and beer.  I am not a beer drinker usually  but it was a novelty type situation buying alcohol from a store when I am only 20.   
  





 This morning we went and found Kate's apartment.  These are the view from her room:

The houses all have cute red tile roofs.  If you look closely you can see the windmills out in the water and if you look even closer, past the windmills, the land you see is Sweden.


and finally today I got to try my first Danish Danishes!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment