Sunday, January 20, 2013

The walk that never seemed to end, the opera, and homesickness...

"Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was."
- Jodi Picoult, Handle with Care

Yesterday Niklas and Krys thought it would be a good idea to walk to the city of Dragor, which is an old fishing village on the East side of the island of Amager.  It was supposed to take 2 hours to walk there.  In the end it took 3.  So 8.4 miles later, in 12 degree weather I might add, we made it. And after about 5 minutes walking around the town we decided we had had enough and just wanted to go home and get warm.   
As you can see Krys and I were not exactly thrilled by this journey, but it did get us out of our apartments and took up an afternoon.


I also went to the opera Carmen on Thursday night.  When I decided to go to the opera, I decided to buy the cheapest tickets available.  Little did i know that the tickets I bought ended up being for standing room, which actually mean standing.  Yup standing through a 3 and 1/2 hour opera is not the greatest thing in the world, but it was still a lot of fun and we all got to get dressed up and act like we were classy.






Also this past week I signed the lease for an apartment next year.  Also the last of my friends leave this week.  They are all really excited to be going home and keep talking about what they have missed from home while being in Denmark.  Because of this I also became REALLY excited to go home and have everything that i miss here in Denmark.  But then I remember that I have another 6 months before I can go home.  
I have found that I miss this place, really miss this place.  Since signing the lease for the apartment, I am really excited for next semester.  I am also really excited to go back to real classes and an American university.  Currently I am watching all kinds of cheesy teen movies about American College campus' just so that I can feel like I am back there.
I also REALLY REALLY REALLY miss these guys and their brother Landon.  At home I am always surrounded by children, and I definitely miss that.  Levi is turning 8 this next week.  I first started watching him when he was 3 months old and I haven't missed a birthday since then.  


I even miss these two, my mom and dad and my house.

 Even though I do really miss home I know that the next semester will be amazing.  I just need it to start already so that I can meet new friends and get my mind off of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment