Monday, February 18, 2013

Legos, Legos, and more Legos...

"Size doesn't matter.  When stepped on in the dark a 2x2 Lego brick causes the same amount of pain as a 2x8 brick."
-Anonymous



This past weekend my friends, Kate and Ashley, and I went to Lego World, an exhibit held at Bella Center. Seeing as how Denmark is the birthplace of Lego I of course needed to attend.
Legoworld was amazing.  The things they come up with to build.  This is of course James Bond and Queen Elizabeth jumping out of the airplane during the Olympic Opening Ceremony 

A hobbit hole from Lord of the Rings.


The place was huge.  Besides the Lego sculptures there were also lego boxes, like a sand box but instead of sand filled with Legos.
I think Denmark is confused.  Why is there a steel drum band in Mexico?

And the London Olympic Park
We couldn't catch a break.  Every time we tried to take a photo children ended up getting in the photo.
There was this whole track set up that marbles went through.  I just imagine a bunch of 30-40 somethings sitting in an office "designing" this (aka playing with Legos)





Denmark in Legos

















I am not really sure what was going on here but there were adorable little Danish girls dressed in princess dresses.

I also just really want this guys job, fighting small children with a light saber 

This wall was made entirely of Legos!





Apparently there are velociraptors in Copenhagen.

The even had a replica of the Metro!






Why wouldn't there be bikes in Lego Copenhagen?



This one is for you dad.  Sorry I was wrong it is not a D10 it is a D7.

Legoworld was a lot of fun and I am super glad that I went.  It was one of those moments though that really made me wish I had Landon, Levi, or Mahri here.  When you have a small child that you can take along to something like this you feel less creepy taking photos.  I am glad however that I have friends who will still go along on my childish whims.


This weekend has also brought about a major change in my apartment.  My roommate, Anders, moved out. It's really sad because we have become a small sort of dysfunctional family.  This also means that I will have a new roommate.  This is also super scary because we have no idea what this new person will be like.  But since it was his last day here I decided to be super awkward and asked my roommates to take a photo with me.  It was quite possibly the most awkward time ever trying to get these three to stand normally and smile.  But here are the inhabitants of 11A 1TH: Anders, me, Daniel, and Morten.  Unfortunately Laura, Daniel's girlfriend who also lives here took the photo so she isn't in it.







No comments:

Post a Comment